Our aim is to ensure that you have a positive and enjoyable experience throughout your time in Membership with the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”). We also hope you will benefit fully from all available services and opportunities we offer. The following terms and conditions therefore are intended to be as simple as possible.
- Membership is open to companies and other organisations regardless of their location. Members do not have to have a base in Cumbrian in order to become a Member.
- The Chamber Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Member are therefore entitled to access Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer subject to specific terms and conditions which may apply.
- Membership in the first year is valid for 12 months from when the membership application is processed by the Chamber.
- Membership is for a minimum period of 12 months. Members will automatically be invoiced for the next membership period 1 month in advance of the membership renewal date.
- The Chamber regularly communicates with Members by email, post and telephone. We aim to only approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. This is an integral part of the Membership and by entering into Membership you agree to be contacted by the Chamber. The regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time
- From time to time Members may be contacted by the Chamber’s carefully selected partners in order to make them aware of certain membership benefits.
- Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities the Chamber offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Chamber or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Chamber’s partners are strictly between the two parties and are not the responsibility of the Chamber.
- The Chamber Membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Chamber.
- As soon as your membership application is processed, your membership and all its services are instantly considered ‘active’. You will receive an email, confirming that your membership application has been received, and a further email with the temporary password and log in details for QUEST member Services. A welcome letter will be posted out to you along with your membership invoice, and further details of other member services. Upon payment of your membership a membership certificate will be posted out to you.
- Membership fees are based on the number of employees in the Member organisation at the relevant location. It is an expressed term of the membership agreement that the member will inform the Chamber about any changes in the number of employees or other vital aspects of the business. The Chamber may consider applications for a higher category of membership in individual cases. A change of details form is sent out with subsequent renewal invoices for you to let us know if we need to make any amendments to our membership database.
- The Membership is subject to Chamber Board approval and the Chamber reserves a right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
- Membership is subject to the provisions of the Articles of Association of the Chamber (available on request) and in the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Articles of Association, the Articles shall prevail.
- The Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its third-party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Chamber.
Resignation and Removal of Members
- By signing this form you are entering into a legal agreement to join the Chamber. You may cancel the agreement by giving the Chamber a written notice within 14 days of the date of the agreement.
- A member may at any time resign from the Chamber by giving at least three months’ written notice to the Chamber. If no such notice is received then unless the board resolves otherwise the member shall be liable for the subscription fee for each ensuing year, which shall be a debt due to and legally recoverable by the Chamber.
- A member may not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid to the Chamber upon ceasing to be a member for any reason whatsoever.
- Unless the Board shall resolve otherwise, a person shall automatically cease to be a member if:
18a. An individual dies, becomes bankrupt, makes arrangement or composition with their creditors or is convicted of an indictable offence;
18b. Being an individual an order is made in relation to their personal welfare or property and affairs under legislation relating to mental health or mental capacity; or
18c. In the case of a corporate member, a resolution I passed or an order I made for its winding up or it is placed in liquidation or it ceases to exist.
- The board may resolve to remove a member where any sum due to the Chamber from the member has not been paid at the expiry of three months after its due date.
- A member may be suspended or expelled by the Board of Directors present at a meeting of the Directors called to consider the case resolve for any reason whatsoever that the continuance of the membership of such person will be prejudicial to the interests of the Chamber. However, this resolution shall not be effective unless the member in question has been given not less than 21 days’ written notice of and has the right to attend such meeting and to be heard in his defence. Any suspended or expelled member shall during such period of suspension or expulsion lose all privileges of membership of the Chamber with out prejudice to any claims that the Chamber may have against him. The Directors may agree to readmit any suspended or expelled person at such time and on such terms as they may resolve.
- If a person ceases to be a member under articles 19, 20, or 21 (other than by reason of death) that person shall be notified in writing by the secretary to that effect.
- In the event of your membership being resigned, you agree that all stationery displaying the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce logo or sister brands must be destroyed. Also, access to the Chamber’s Legal Advice Line Service will be terminated and any advice sought after this date will be charged accordingly.
- The annual subscription fee payable by members to the Chamber shall be fixed at such rate or rates and shall become due and payable on such date or dates as the Directors may from time to time resolve
By ticking the box on the membership form you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions. You acknowledge that you have completed the form to the best of your ability and confirm that the information supplied is accurate at the date of completion. You also confirm that you have the authority to complete and sign this agreement for corporate membership of the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce.