The post holder will provide routine reception, general clerical and administrative support to the business support team. Contact with students, parents, teachers, other staff, visitors and a wide range of other organisations will be an everyday part of the role and will require flexibility and strong interpersonal skills. The post holder is required to act in a professional manner at all times demonstrating confidentiality and discretion.
Under the direction/instruction of senior staff: provide routine receptionist, general clerical and administrative support to the business support team.
• Support the Admin/Reception and other administrative staff, demonstrating flexibility to ensure the Academy administrative requirements are met.
• Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone calls and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors.
• Maintain a discreet and professional relationship with parents and visitors acting accordingly with any sensitive material and information.
• To provide routine clerical support eg. photocopying, filing, emailing, complete routine forms and to produce high quality resources for teaching staff.
• To perform any other duties as circumstances arise, under the reasonable direction of senior staff.
• To operate office equipment eg. printers, photocopiers and computer
• To arrange orderly and secure storage of stationery supplies
• To communicate with parents via text messages and email (eg monthly newsletter and letters)
• To arrange taxis for visitors, staff and students when required.
• To distribute all incoming post
• To produce and issue letters as and when required.
• To provide administrative support to the business support team
• To contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the organisation
• To appreciate and support the role of other professionals
• To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
• To participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
Essential skills and requirements:
A good standard of general education, in particular the ability to write to a good standard of literacy and with developed report writing skills. Experienced at using IT programmes, in particular Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. An Enhanced DBS check will be conducted for all successful applicants.
5 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Term time plus one week (39 working weeks per year).
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: