The Lake District Calvert Trust supports around 4,000 disabled visitors each year staying at our 60 bed residential centre or accessible self-catering apartments. The Catering Assistant will work under the direction of the Catering Manager and Chefs to ensure the provision of high quality food and service to our guests.
This post is a temporary post for 6 months, with 25 of the 35 hours being funded through the Government Kickstarter scheme. This job cannot be fitted into a routine 9 – 5 day. It requires considerable flexibility, enthusiasm and dedication.
If required, catered accommodation may be available in the form of a private bedroom with shared facilities within staff quarters (must be minimum of 18yrs old). A Service Occupancy charge will apply – please enquire regarding availability if interested.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Breakfast, lunch and main meal preparation.
2. Serving of centre meals and at functions.
3. Shared domestic kitchen duties, for example: running the dishwasher, kitchen washing up, and keeping the kitchen clean and hygienic.
4. To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation.
Other Responsibilities and Duties
1. At all times to represent LDCT in a thoroughly professional manner.
2. Assist other teams and departments as required in order to ensure the effective operation of the Trust.
3. Comply with the Trust’s Health and Safety policies and procedures and ensure that relevant legislation is followed.
4. Complete relevant qualifications or training required to comply with health and safety legislation or best practice.
5. Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Centre Director, Centre Manager or relevant head of department.
Essential skills and requirements:
Minimum age 16 years. To have a friendly manner, a willingness to communicate with people and interest in working with people with disabilities.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
35 hours. 5-day week including weekends and evenings.
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: