Due to business expansion and our continued success, we are seeking full-time Studio Assistants. This exciting new role will entail supporting our team in the office and in the studio.
This includes assisting our conservators in the studio, handling artworks, preparing artwork for transportation, assisting with delivery and collection preparation, processing artworks for assessment, supporting team members with their work and much more. Working with a diverse range of clients from private individuals, galleries, leading insurance companies and historic properties.
· Assist with the packing of artwork prior to delivery
· Assist with “Checking in” new artwork when delivered to the studio
· Ensure the artwork storage is tidy and organised
· Manage and update systems with key and accurate information
· Assist conservators with framing,
· Assist in new projects to help them come to fruition
· Work closely with colleagues to provide them with key information
The ideal candidate
The successful candidate will have a “can-do” attitude, willing to learn and assist with a wide variety of tasks. The role may involve some moving and lifting of artwork. You will be highly organised, be able to handle multiple projects in an efficient and detailed way and be quick to learn the processes and systems used.
Experience in art restoration and conservation is not essential as full on-site training will be provided. An interest or appreciation of art would be desirable.
Essential skills and requirements:
The successful candidate will need to be a well-organised individual, have great communication, high level of attention to detail and take pride in providing a positive experience for other team members and clients. This is a manual job so must be willing and able to lift/move artwork safely.
25 hours between 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: