The Retail Assistant is responsible for:
As the Factory Outlet shop Retail Assistant you will assist with the efficient running of the factory shop. The shop is situated in a busy glass-blowing factory and sells hand-blown crystal made on the premises. This role is ideally suited to a dynamic and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication and organizational skills. It is never dull, as being part of a small, close knit team there is always something to do.
Assisting with the development and implementation of promotional events for the shop; processing of website sales information; handling & responding to enquiries; direct sales to customers in the shop & via the phone; handling bespoke & engraving enquiries; maintaining accurate stock records & delivering high standards of customer care; accurate record keeping; development and implementation of initiatives to build customer loyalty.
You will also organize, collate, check and prepare orders for collection &/or dispatch from the shop or via couriers. This may involve careful packing of goods to minimize breakages, preparation of all documentation and arranging dispatch via courier.
· Work with the Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager & Retail Manager to ensure orders are packed, labelled & dispatched in an efficient and timely manner.
· Make sales & take customer payments + cashing-up at the end of the day.
· Liaise between customers and manufacturing staff to ensure orders are processed efficiently.
· Ensure Factory Shop, internet sales, public workshop goods & orders are accurately checked prior to collection or dispatch.
· Adjust prices in store & on the till.
· Clean the shop & ensure products are well presented.
· Answer telephone calls & respond to e-mails.
· Manage wedding lists.
· Monitor product standards & feed-back and concerns to the Operations Supervisor.
· Occasional assistance with preparation & cleaning of products in the glass processing area during busy periods.
· Assist with product stock takes.
· Update stock & customer records on the company IT system.
· Monitor goods going into & coming out of stock.
· Keep the stock areas clean and organised.
· Ensure the Factory Shop is clean and tidy.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service when dealing with Factory Shop, internet & glass blowing experiences’ customers.
· Communicate effectively & politely with managers, employees & customers.
· Pro-actively work with staff to implement company policies and procedures.
· Continuously work and strive towards maintaining and developing your skills.
· Undertake any necessary training in-order to fulfill your role.
· Maintain accurate records as required by your role.
· Awareness of, and adherence to, Health and Safety procedures in the factory environment and the shop.
· Opening and closing the factory shop.
· Work effectively and efficiently to meet and exceed targets.
· Ability to work on your own initiative and follow instruction.
· Demonstrate the ability to prioritise when dealing with busy work loads.
· Reliable trustworthy and an excellent time-keeper.
· This is a front facing role so personal presentation, appropriate to a luxury brand is important.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Demonstrate care and respect for the craftsmanship and time involved in making the products.
· Demonstrate respect and consideration towards your colleagues and customers.
· Demonstrate ability to prioritize, interpret & follow instructions accurately.
· Demonstrate ability to work independently using your own initiative and within a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrate a pro-active approach to work and problem solving.
· Excellent Customer Service and telephone skills.
· Strong IT skills.
Essential skills and requirements:
Excellent attention to detail
Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
English / Maths GCSE grade C/equivalent or above
Prior retail experience, an advantage
Experience in the hospitality industry, an advantage
A’ levels or a Degree desirable.
37.5 – option to increase hours after training depending on suitability. Monday to Friday initially, but will eventually include to a flexible 5/7 work pattern. ie some weekends.
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: