• To support the Finance Administrator in the accurate maintenance of company accounting records, delivery of accurate and timely information, credit control and general financial administration. Also to support financial administration and record keeping in relation to ERDF and other projects including Growth Hub and BSUS and in relation to DWP’s NEA scheme.
To support the Finance Administrator in:
• Accurate input of data into the company’s accounting records
• Credit control
• Liaising with and supporting as appropriate the other functional departments
• Account reconciliation to include bank, supplier and customer accounts
• Assisting in the preparation of management and statutory accounts, PAYE & VAT and processing VAT returns
• Ensuring financial systems and processes are followed accurately, seeking explanation/correction where deviations identified and reporting accordingly
• Operating all aspects of purchase and sales ledgers including uploading payments
• Checking invoices against purchase orders and dealing with any discrepancies, arranging checking and approval of invoices and setting up month end bank payments
• Processing ad hoc payments where required
• Any other activities required to support the business, in particular other administrative support
Essential skills and requirements:
• Practical experience working in an accounts team
• Experience of Sage accounting software (ideally)
• Good background and experience of credit control
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships internally and externally to the organisation.
• Strong communication skills, for effectively dealing with colleagues, customer and suppliers
• Strong administration skills
25 hours. To be discussed.
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: