Overview of the role
The trainee venue assistant will learn all aspects of working in the venue (details below but list not exhaustive). Whilst developing in this role, the trainee venue assistant will contribute to the team focus of delivering a high-quality venue and customer experience
• Completes the full range of cleaning and turnaround tasks throughout all areas of the Brathay site to the agreed standard (eg hoovering, dusting, polishing cleaning toilets, showers, floors, glass & mirrors, mopping).
• Checks premises, equipment, furniture and fittings for faults, rectifying wherever reasonable (eg standard bulbs, touching up marks on paintwork, rehanging curtains and shower curtains) or where not possible, immediately reporting to the estate team via the maintenance log.
• Ensures linen is dealt with in accordance with housekeeping procedures
• Completes the testing of safety systems to the appropriate standard and with the appropriate frequency. This includes tests required for fire regulations, first aid, legionella and others
• Works to Brathay’s environmental standards
Food and Beverage Areas
• Completes the full range of tasks needed to cater for guests including assisting chefs by prepping food, cleaning, setting tables, washing up, serving food and drinks, maintaining drinks stations, and using machinery as directed
Front of house
• Ensures that the venue is prepared for events
• Covers the reception desk, answering the phone, dealing with customers, taking bookings, etc.
• Carries out bar duties, operating the till, dealing with money etc.
• Assists in the running of events, providing food and beverage services to clients
• Checks all accommodation and group rooms onsite to ensure that they are of an agreed standard for upcoming guests
Other operational tasks
• Attend and hold handover meetings with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the site
• In order to support the smooth running of the team, the venue assistant may from time to time be required to undertake other tasks at the request of the venues shift leader
Essential skills and requirements:
• High level of personal presentation
• Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• A pleasant manner in dealing with members of the public
• Excellent team working skills
• Methodical, with good attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
• Problem-solving skills and ability to remain calm under pressure
25 hours. Any 5 days in 7.
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: