Overview of the role
The trainee Estates Worker will learn all aspects of working in the Estates Department (details below but list not exhaustive). Whilst developing in this role, the trainee Estates Worker will contribute to the team focus of delivering a high-quality Estates Service and customer experience. The Estates Department provides services to the Trust seven days a week, so the trainee Estates Worker may be asked to work weekends and / or weekdays to ensure we can provide full cover, but limited to five working days a week.
General Estates Services
• All aspects of basic property maintenance and repairs, including but not exclusively, minor repairs to fixtures and fittings, painting and redecoration, bulb replacement in fixed and portable light fittings and all other repairs that do not require a qualified contractor.
• Maintenance of all grounds and gardens, tasks dependant on season but may include grass cutting, pruning, path maintenance and the treatment of paths and internal roadways in snow and icy conditions.
• Carrying out scheduled compliance tasks such as emergency light tests, water quality testing and paths and steps inspections.
• Assist with the preparation, marshalling and break down of any sporting or other event organised by the Brathay Trust.
• Carry out basic car maintenance, including valeting, cleaning and basic fluid checks on the Trusts vehicle fleet.
• The Brathay Trust operates over a number of sites within Cumbria so the Trainee Estates Worker maybe required to work at other locations.
• Work alongside other Trust Departments when required, to assist in the delivery of services to clients.
Other operational tasks
• Attend regular Estates meetings with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the site
• In order to support the smooth running of the team, the Estates Worker may from time to time be required to undertake other tasks at the request of the Estates Supervisor and/or the Estates Manager.
Essential skills and requirements:
• High level of personal presentation
• Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
• Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• A pleasant manner in dealing with members of the public
• Excellent team working skills
• Methodical, with good attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
• Problem-solving skills and ability to remain calm under pressure
25 hours. Any 5 days in 7.
Hourly rate of pay:
National Minimum Wage
Job placement location: