It’s an exciting time in anyone’s career. They’ve put the hours in, they’ve delivered the goods and now they get the reward they’ve been hoping for. They have landed their first leadership position, they’ve made it – and now the hard work begins…
Join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Deborah Clark of Get Real Leadership, 2nd July, Newton Rigg Conference Centre, Penrith – 9:30 to 4:30 in a workshop aimed at helping new managers order their thinking, prioritise actions and avoid those ever-present hurdles and pitfalls.
The first, crucial days, weeks and months can be sink or swim for a new manager and the impact on teams, businesses and customers can be dramatic. How do they translate the HR-jargon of their new role description into real action? Where do they start? How do they deal with their teams who are all looking at them and thinking “come on then, show us what you’ve got”?
Aimed at newly-appointed managers and those preparing for a leadership position, this one-day workshop is designed to cover the basics.
This interactive day will encourage the delegates to investigate what being a leader really means, for the new managers, and for their teams and it will cover:
- What leadership actually means and why it is so important to make the right first steps
- Creating effective relationships with the team members and the first conversations to have
- Setting clear boundaries and expectations – on both sides
- Motivating the team to perform, deliver and develop
- Managing reactions in times of pressure and stress and realising the impact on others
- How to delegate rather than “dump”
- Why pretending to be someone you are not just doesn’t work and why authenticity is key
- Dealing with underperformance and poor behaviour
- Managing upwards – the relationship with their leader
The delegate rate for this full day workshop is £95 +VAT members / £145 +VAT non-members. To book a place on this workshop, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner. To book your place(s) please – BOOK HERE
Should you have any questions regarding the above training, please do not hesitate to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce