Do your clients see you other than when there’s a new campaign to sell or a contract to be renewed?
Do you match their sales approach to your customers’ needs?
Do you nurture your client relationships to drive your sales forward?
Have you thought about taking your MD, CEO or FD into any of your clients to meet his/her opposite number?
If they answer is ‘No’ to any of these questions, are you just an order taker or are you a key account manager?
‘Key Account Management (KAM) is a business mindset, not a sales initiative’.
This includes ideas such as:
- The KAMs company sees an account as a strategic account rather than just a customer. Key accounts will become more loyal and stronger customers if you put more resources into developing your relationship with them. Loyal customers are more likely to create more revenue for your company, recommend you to their peers, and continue working with your company on a long-term basis, and in the long term bringing security to you and company.
- The KAMs initiatives are linked to departments outside of sales that drives the support of all account management initiatives, consequently your organisations input will be needed from the CEO down to develop a strong and lasting partnership with key accounts. This requires a change in the mindset of your organisation, and leading this change as a Key account manager, will increase your profile in your company, and will increase your opportunities for career progression.
Join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Ian Loftus of Wessgate Financial Services, 31st January, 9:30am to 4:30pm, Newton Rigg, Penrith to find out how to;
Focus on consultative selling styles, that turn your customer visits into meetings that add value to your customer, so you will be seen as a partner and not the ‘Rep’ from…., ultimately gaining their trust and commitment.
We’ll also focus on ways to build value within your key accounts, increase your ROI and in turn increase your commission payments.
Part of the day will be devoted to developing effective and practical strategies that ensure your key account relationships are grown into highly valued partnerships for you and your company. They will then see you as a trusted advisor with a seat at the table, keeping you one step ahead of the competition at tender time.
- Aimed at new and existing KAMS the day will focus on
- The mindset of successful KAMS – being a ‘business improvement executive’ as opposed to ‘selling stuff’.
- How to strategically approach and manage an account with the aim of creating profitability, long term growth and a sustainable partnership.
- Techniques on how to protect individual accounts from competition in a constantly changing market place.
- Using your business’ Value Proposition to engage your clients
- Supporting all stakeholders within the business and identify potential future opportunities.
He’s been involved in sales throughout his career, Ian has worked his way from ‘knocking’ on commercial and residential doors selling ‘stuff’, to engaging with those at the highest level, working and delivering multi £million software deals internationally, in both the manufacturing and aerospace sectors.
With training in Target Account Selling (TAS) methods from the American software company PTC, and Sales Development programs with Fortune 500 companies including Energis, BT, Business and Decision and Northgate Land and Property, Ian has found his consultative management style both beneficial and useful in his approach to sales and sales training – engaging both clients and candidates to be partners in the process.
The delegate rate for this full day workshop is £95 +VAT members / £145 +VAT non-members. To book a place on this workshop, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner.
Please note when using our online booking site, the VAT invoice will come directly from them as opposed to the Cumbria Chamber of Commerce.
Should you have any questions regarding the above training, please do not hesitate to contact me email@example.com.
Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
Chamber Business Solutions is also able to deliver bespoke and in-house training – with our highly experienced team of trainers and subject matter experts we are committed to assisting you get the business results you need to achieve. For further information on how we can help your business please contact firstname.lastname@example.org© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce