Join us this International Women’s Day Monday 8th March, 10-11.30am, for a panel event discussing the best, and worst, business advice.
It’s been 110 years since International Women’s Day was first celebrated, it’s a day to recognise the economic, social and political achievements of women across the globe.
We’re fortunate enough to have many women in significant roles who are making a positive impact on the business community in Cumbria. Some have started up their own businesses, some run large organisations and some are moulding a successful career in areas which were previously dominated by men.
Join us for a 90 minute live panel with 5 businesswomen in leading roles across the county, hosted by Cumbria Chamber of Commerce.
The discussion will ask about the advice, both good and bad, they have been given throughout their careers. There will also be a 30 minute Q&A to give attendees a chance to pose questions to the panel.
We will be joined by:
- Suzanne Caldwell – Managing Director, Cumbria Chamber of Commerce
- Emma Porter – Construction Managing Director, Story Contracting Ltd
- Jayne Moorby – Marketing Manager, Oxley Group
- Daniella Hope – Director, Lake District Hotels Ltd
- Joanne Holborn – Partner, Head of Employment Law and Training, Baines Wilson LLP
The following questions will be posed to the panel.
- 1. What is the best piece of business advice you were given, and what did you do with that advice?
- 2. What was the worst piece of business advice you were given, and how did you come to realise it was the worst piece of advice?
The session format will be:
- 20 minutes for introduction to the panellists
- 20 minutes for question 1 to the panellists
- 20 minutes for question 2 to the panellists
- 30 minutes questions and answers from the attendees
This online event is free and open to both members and non-members of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce. All are welcome.
To book your place(s) please click here.
*When booking a place, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner.© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce