Highfield Level 2 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety (Fire Marshal)
Join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Karen Haworth of Nutshell Training, 14th December , Cumbria Chamber of Commerce Carlisle, 9:30 to 4:30 for a course focused on ensuring your employees can identify the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace. They will leave knowing how these risks can be effectively controlled and will understand the legal duties of an employer and an employee with regard to managing fire safety under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for fire safety in any workplace. This includes Fire Marshals, Fire Wardens, Heads of Department, Managers or Supervisors.
This course provides employees will have a clear understanding of their legal duties and responsibilities under fire safety regulations. They will be able to identify and report key fire safety issues and will understand the structure and importance of regular fire risk assessments.
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Legal duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
- Penalties of non-compliance.
- The common causes of fires in the workplace.
- Elements of the fire triangle.
- The wide-reaching effects of workplace fires.
- Fire hazards and how to identify them.
- The characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- How to implement fire control methods.
- Fire exits and providing a clear means of escape.
- Fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Managing the evacuation process.
- Common fire-fighting systems.
- How and when to extinguish fires.
- The need for fire risk assessments.
- The stages of a fire risk assessment.
- The important role of a fire marshal including duties and responsibilities
20 question multiple-choice paper
The delegate rate for this full day workshop is £95 +VAT members / £145 +VAT non-members. To book a place on this workshop, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner.
Should you have any questions regarding the above training, please do not hesitate to contact me email@example.com
Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
Chamber Business Solutions is also able to deliver bespoke and in-house training – with our highly experienced team of trainers and subject matter experts we are committed to assisting you get the business results you need to achieve. For further information on how we can help your business please contact firstname.lastname@example.org© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce