- This event has passed.
Cumbria Chamber of Commerce is excited to hold an all-day event to celebrate International Women’s Day on Tuesday, 8th March 2022.
We’d like to invite individuals from across the county to join us for Cumbria’s International Women’s Day event which includes inspiring, informative and thought-provoking workshops, a 2-course lunch, presentation from speakers, networking with other like-minded individuals, plus the opportunity to win some amazing prizes!
So, please join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, 8th March 9am-4.30pm at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Ullswater Road, Penrith Cumbria CA11 8QT.
This event is kindly sponsored by Baines Wilson LLP, North Lakes Hotel & Spa, University of Cumbria and Laura Cadman Limited.
What to expect:
In the morning you can expect 4 inspiring workshops covering a range of topics:
- Next Level Workshop – Are you ready to level up?
- Learn what it takes, how to shake what holds you back and step into your best future! This workshop will give you practical skills to focus on what you really want and how to get it! – Laura Cadman of Laura Cadman Limited
- The contributions of women to innovation
- This workshop will take delegates on a fun-filled, whistle-stop tour of innovation. We’ll be looking at what it means to innovate, why we innovate, and how we innovate. From fishy tales to powerful quotes, from design sprints to innovation quizzes. This workshop is all about celebrating women in innovation. – Sarah Allison of University of Cumbria
- How to run and manage a business: the legal landscape
- This workshop will cover need-to-know topics on how to run and manage a business effectively. They will highlight the importance of commercial awareness discussing Ts & Cs and operating your business online. You will also have the opportunity to ask your questions – Jennifer Bell, Corporate Partner and Caroline Rayner, Employment Partner at Baines Wilson.
- Is it time to talk about the menopause?
- In the last three years the number of Employment Tribunal cases that relate to the menopause has increased exponentially. In September 2021, there was a parliamentary debate on the menopause which led to an increase in media coverage on the topic which found a lack of consideration in the workplace for those suffering with menopausal symptoms. The workshop will consider the legislation around the menopause and why it is important to have an open and supportive environment to protect your business against potential claims – Joanne Holborn and Heather Bottomley from the Employment Team at Baines Wilson
Attendees will also enjoy a 2-course lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
In the afternoon we’ll then hear from some inspiring businesswomen:
- Johanne Miller – Managing Director at Twoey
- Jenny Bergstrom – Managing Director at Iggesund Paperboard
- Dr Nat Lonsdale from Great North Air Ambulance Service
- Darina Ward – Founder and Managing Director of Growthviser
We’ll also be giving away some great prizes including a spa day for 2 and more!
Cumbria Chamber members can attend at the discounted rate of £55+VAT, non-members are welcome to join for £75+VAT.
You may have been following the activity with our Women in Business initiative, which brings women, and men, from around the county together to discuss the achievements, barriers and experiences that women face in business.
It’s been over 100 years since International Women’s Day was first celebrated – a day to recognise the economic, social and political achievements of women across the globe.
We’re fortunate to have many incredible women in significant roles who are making a positive impact on the business community in Cumbria. Some have started their own businesses, some run large organisations and some are moulding a successful career in areas which were previously dominated by men.
To book a place at this event you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner. Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce