BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
Join Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and Karen Howarth of Nutshell Training, 2nd April, Newby Bridge Hotel, nr Kendal, 9:30 to 5:30 for this qualification aimed at anyone who wishes to work in licensed premises where alcohol is sold. You will look at licensing authorities; at the responsibilities of the personal licence holder; police powers; rights of entry; specific prohibitions; strengths of alcoholic drinks; responsible retail of alcohol; and the protection of children from harm.
On completion of this course, candidates will hold a licensing qualification with which they can apply for the Personal Licence.
Anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public (as per the legal requirement in England and Wales) is required to have a suitable qualification.
All successful BIIAB APLH candidates are invited to activate their complimentary provisional BII membership. This is the first step to becoming a member of the professional body for the licensed hospitality sector and includes some bespoke benefits. Visit www.bii.org for more information.
The qualification comprises of:
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
40 Multiple choice questions
The delegate rate for this full day workshop is £110 +VAT members / £135 +VAT non-members. To book a place on this workshop, you will be directed to our third party event booking site. The information you provide remains the property of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and will not be used by the third party in any manner. To book your place(s) please – BOOK HERE
Should you have any questions regarding the above training, please do not hesitate to contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Any cancellations must be received at least three working days before the event, otherwise you will be charged for non-attendance.
Chamber Business Solutions is also able to deliver bespoke and in-house training – with our highly experienced team of trainers and subject matter experts we are committed to assisting you get the business results you need to achieve. For further information on how we can help your business please contact email@example.com© Cumbria Chamber of Commerce