Business Start-Up Support
If you’re thinking of starting your own business or social enterprise, then Cumbria Chamber of Commerce and our partners are here to help with a free business start-up programme to point you in the right direction to achieving business success.
PICK THE RIGHT MIX
Our comprehensive package of support includes:
• FREE meetings with a business adviser to review and develop your business idea
• FREE training:
- Introduction to business planning & self employment
- Introduction to marketing / market research & sales forecasts
- Promotion & sales
- Introduction to planning & managing finance
- Taxation & bookkeeping
- Using the internet and social media effectively
• FREE help to develop your business plan and get your business up and running
• FREE membership of Cumbria Chamber of Commerce (worth up to £400)
If you’re on Jobseekers’ Allowance you can benefit too from the New Enterprise Allowance scheme with free mentoring, financial support through your first six months of trading and the opportunity to apply for an NEA loan of up to £1,000.
Business start-up and post start support is delivered in partnership with Action for Communities in Cumbria, Rural Women’s Network, Britain’s Energy Coast, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria Rural Enterprise Agency, Furness Enterprise and Ways into Successful Enterprise, ensuring support throughout Cumbria with funding through a number of sources including Britain’s Energy Coast, the Chamber, Carlisle City Council, Defra, DWP, ERDF and others – we can almost always help!